Buchanan, the home of the nationís first nuclear power plant, was incorporated in 1928. It is located in the Town of Cortlandt and takes its name from the oil cloth works, which was founded by Alexander F. Buchanan in 1874.

Visit the Village of Buchanan online

1685 Deed

Photoprint of Painting (1902-1914) of Fleischmann Company Factory Complex, 1975

Land Indenture

Photograph of Indian Point,
June 9, 1983